Pediatric Sports Medicine/Pain Management
Patients of all ages enduring a sports related injury or requiring pain management may be evaluated and treated at Advanced Spine & Pain Interventions!
Peak development of the vital organs may occur between the ages of 25-30 years. For that reason minimal use of medications is recommended in patients 25 years and younger. Medications like Ibuprofen and Tylenol may have harmful effects on the under-developed Kidneys and Liver, respectively. Opioid medication can increase the risk of dependence and abuse in the same population.
Interventional pain management in a comfortable and virtually painless environment along with early rehabilitative therapy is often the best option for the Pediatric Patient.
Pediatric Conditions treated include:
- Osgood Schlatter Pain
- Patella-Femoral Syndrome (PFS)
- Hip Pain due to Hip Dysplasia, Slipped Capital femoral Epiphysis (SCFE), Perthes Disease
- Pain due to Spinal Fractures/Spinal Deformities
- Pain and Spasm due to Cerebral Palsy, Muscular Dystrophy
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Sickle Cell Pain
- Cancer Pain
- Any other sports related injury
Partners in Rehabilitation Therapy:
Need to speak to someone immediately?
Call us today! (470) 299-1998